Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday - 6-17-10

Today I have a few thankful thoughts.  I'll start with the short and move to the longer.


*VERY thankful for my sweet little angel baby Audrey Grace, who is 13 months today.  She's been starting to walk a lot more and is sleeping a lot better too.  YAY!!!!  We get 10 hours out of her almost every night now.  And she goes to bed with almost no fighting.


*Yesterday was my beautiful step-daughter's 14th birthday.  Fourteen!!!  WOW!!!!  I remember feeling old at 14.  That was the birthday my mom bought me my promise ring.  I cherished that birthday and still look back at it fondly.  At any rate, Kymberly is a wonderful child.  She is a great big sister.  She is a great girl.  She is loving.  She is sympathetic.  She is very caring.  She is very special and I love her very much.  I'm so happy to have her in my life.


*Lastly ... I'm thankful for our house.  The last 2 years have been a saga in the house.  But the house has been a huge blessing.  We have a great living room.  It's probably 20'x30' in size.  We have a drumset, 6 guitars, 2 desks, a couch, a TV, a bookcase, Audrey's toys, and a dresser.  And there's more room to play.  Two years ago when our landlord passed away, Josh and I kept saying that there's gotta be a reason God put us in the house.  I think God just told me why.  


I was convicted a couple weeks ago that we really need to be using our house for God.  Whether it's to host a youth group, to let people stay here when needed, or even something greater.  I think only 48 hours after I shared this with Josh, our worship leader emailed us and asked if we would be willing to open up our house and host a small, intimate Christian concert.  We didn't have to think about it ... our answer was yes.  So tomorrow night, Scott Phillips will be giving a small concert.  We are so excited.  We've spent the whole week getting ready.  We're also opening up a bedroom to Scott to stay on Friday night.


Less than 2 weeks after God told us to use our house for Him, we are a concert venue and a bed and breakfast.  What else does God have planned for us?????

2 comments:

Lara said...

love it Christine!! A concert venue and a bed and breakfast. ooo could Brian and I get away there sometime lol. Just kidding. = ) You and Josh are wonderful friends to us. Thank you for opening up your home and being so gracious. We are so blessed to have you both in our lives

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

God is doing awesome things in your life!

Including the sleeping of the babe!