Sunday, June 28, 2009
So Audrey is 6 weeks old today!! (YAY for being 6-weeks postpartum and can now start exercising and other such things.)
In the last 6 weeks we've gone through about 6 or 7 packages of diapers. We bought them periodically when I was pregnant to stock up. We've tried the following brands. Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, and Mom to Mom (Safeway's brand).
Huggies: Decent price, good size, fit her well, flexible so she can still move her legs, haven't yet leaked, LOTS and LOTS of coupons. I'm having to guess when she is wet.
Pampers: Same cost as Huggies, fit her well, feels more like fabric and less like plastic - which I would think would make them more comfortable, have this interesting weave thing to hold the solid waste in, very flexible to allow leg movement, no leakage, not as many coupons as Huggies. I'm having to guess when she is wet.
Luvs: Didn't like them the first time. They are very plastic-y and feel like she's wearing a trash bag. And they leaked right away. But they were too big for her. So we waited a few more weeks. Tried them again and now they fit and don't leak anymore. But they still feel like a trash bag. VERY easy to tell when she is wet and it feels like she's wearing a sponge. Don't remember the price.
Mom to Mom: The slogan for this brand is, "Made for moms by moms." I'm not thrilled with them though. They are more than the national brands. They are very stiff and don't allow a whole lot of movement for her legs (which will be more important when she's mobile). I can't peek in to see if she's wet or dirty because they are so stiff. I think, however, they are more natural with no bleaches or such, which is better for baby and diaper rash.
Verdict: I think we like Huggies and Pampers best, but because we have so many coupons for Huggies, we will be getting them for awhile.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
- Audrey's getting so big so fast .... I find it very hard to believe.
- I can't wait until I can start working out again. I want to start running. Well, I don't WANT to start running, but I want to start being active again and running is the best way I have to do that.
- I really want to trim our budget. One way I'm thinking of doing that is modifying our TV/Internet service. I'm thinking of switching to AT&T Uverse. I've heard good things and bad things about it. But if we get the same basic service for even $10 less a month, then I want to switch.
- I got new prescription sunglasses yesterday. I was able to get a pair of Oakley's. I'm very excited for them. They'll be ready in a couple weeks.
- Only six months until Christmas ... which means that in less than six months I'll be THIRTY!!!!!!!
- Audrey went 8 hours between feedings last night. She ate at 8 and then again at 4 this morning. On our way to sleeping through the night. I was given a book called 12 hours in 12 weeks. I'm not sure I 100% agree with the author, but there are some things I definitely want to try.
- I've been getting very sad thinking about going back to work and having to leave my Little Miss (that's what I've been calling her) at daycare. I really wish I had the ability to be a stay-at-home-mom, or at the very least work from home. I did the math, and we will only really see her for about 2-3 hours a day while she's awake. How depressing!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
On Tuesday, Kymberly turned 13.
We celebrated with Smoothies from the smoothie place she's been wanting to try.
Then we had pizza for lunch (free pizza for a grand opening!)
And had hot dogs for dinner.
We got her a shag rug for her bedroom and hot pink sheets. We are trying to create a hot pink and black bedroom for her per her request. One piece at a time we will do it. We also got her an itunes gift card to go with her new ipod.
I made her favorite cake ... white cake with strawberries. The frosting and filling have varied every year. This year it was filled with strawberry buttercream (my invention) and iced with vanilla buttercream. It was scrumptious!!! And went really well with strawberry cheesecake ice cream.