- Run 750 miles this year
- One run of 20+ miles
- Do yoga once/week (average)
- Hit the gym 2x/week (average)
- Running 3-4 times/week (average)
- Weight - happy with maintaining to losing up to 10 lbs. Keep same pant size or go down 1. No more than that. But I'd really like to find a good maintenance routine.
- The weekly goals are flexible. Obviously allow myself to get sick. I've found that it's difficult to run when on vacations. And there are times when life is so busy I can only get my lunchtime runs in. But on average, I want to shoot for these frequencies.
- Spend time in the word and prayer 4x/week.
- Ideally this should be daily, but let's face it - with two toddlers in the house, it doesn't happen daily. I have a 4-day schedule that I've made in the past and I'd like to get back to it.
- I'd love to say that my goal is to get a promotion this year, but I don't really have a whole lot of say in that. And since I've been aiming for a promotion for 3 years, I'm not holding my breath. But it's on my list of things to strive for.
- Be more assertive with the two who I work with. Less wishy-washy in giving them direction and guidance. Be more straight-forward and to the point. (These are two people who I am sort of in charge of - unofficially - no title but all the responsibility)
- Be more independent and creative with finding projects and things to do. Stop waiting for bossman to come to me and instead find the ideas and initiative to do it myself.
- Don't be so sensitive when corrected or given negative feedback. Suck it up and move on. Learn from it and grow.
- Be more sensitive and aware of Josh's wants/needs/desires.
- Be more sensitive and aware of my children's wants/needs/desires
- Make grander attempts to meet new people at church and form new friendships. To get together with different people.
- I only know a select few people at church; those I know are older with older children or younger with no children. I want to change that. I want to get to know more people in the same station of life as me - early to mid 30s with young children. (I don't have time or ability to go to a MOPS group.)
Around the House
- Clean the bathroom more often
- keep my stuff organized in the bedroom and on my desk
- clean out the garage!
- Pay off 2 credit cards
So how did I do?
Health/Fitness: I had a non-running related injury in early April that prevented me from reaching my goals. I'm OK with that. I re-vamped my goal sometime in the summer. I was not anticipating my injury to keep bothering me. About one week a month starting in July I had to not run while my knee did it's wonky thing. After 6 months, I think I figured out what triggers it. Ultimately I'd like to have it fixed surgically; that will require convincing my Dr. that there's something actually wrong.
Spiritual: I did fairly well with this. I did various reading plans through YouVersion. I read through the Proverbs with my BFF. I read a couple Christian Living/Devotional books. I prayed consistently.
Professionally: I felt good about this. I did not get a promotion. It did come up (again), so my hopes aren't all lost on this. I feel like I've taken great strides in my dealings with people. And in my motivation and productivity.
Relationally: This is a hard one to really gauge since it isn't a quantitative subject. It's an ongoing life-struggle for me. For 2013, I think I did OK in this. I've met new people at church. I've tuned in to Josh. I've played games and read books with the girls (dropping everything to do so).
Around the House: I think I cleaned the bathroom more frequently - I didn't keep track though. So I don't know. I worked hard at keeping my things organized. I am more sensitive to the messes around me. The garage got cleaned several times throughout the year. One credit card got paid off, but due to some unforseen expenses (vacation for funeral, my injury, josh had some extensive medical bills) and decreased income, we were unable to pay off the second card.
So what for 2014?
Health/Fitness: With my injury still bothering me, my goals are small this year.
- I'm not setting a mileage goal because I don't know what is going to happen with my knee.
- When healthy, I'd like to work out 5 days/week.
- I'd like to get my long run back up to 10 miles.
- I'd like to complete my 2.9 mile hill/trail run without stopping to walk
- Continue my prayer/reading routine
- Memorize verses again (I keep trying and failing on this one. I'm not sure what I will do to make it actually happen)
- I want to be bold and ask for a promotion.
- Continue improvements in productivity and independence.
- Continue to spend quality time with the girls
- Continue to be more in tune to Josh
- I want to really work on my relationship with Kymberly and my irrational outbursts/anger toward her.
- Family night 2 nights/month (due to Josh's unpredictable gigging schedule - I don't want to commit to more than that.
- Pay off the card that didn't get paid off in 2013. Continue to work to be debt free.
- Continue improving on seeing my messes and cleaning them.