Friday, December 26, 2008

baby happenings

New/Noteworthy: My baby's a girl

Interesting Activity: Had my level II ultrasound on Tuesday afternoon.  We sat around for 45 minutes waiting for our appointment.  It was supposed to start at 3:45, we didn't get in until nearly 4:30.  However, the ultrasound itself was very efficient.  The technician was very polite and nice, although didn't talk much to us. Very little personality.  We saw the head, the heart, the foot, the hand (she waved at us), the face (she was drinking and sticking her tongue out at us), and then the gender.  Baby Audrey was spread wide open for us so we could tell what wasn't there.  YAY!!!!

Having my ultrasound and learning that my baby is a girl was incredibly overwhelming.  Moreso than I expected it to be.  It was like learning I was pregnant again for the first time.  I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and what I was hearing.  I was flooded with emotions that I didn't expect.  

And for a moment in time, Josh and I were the only 2 people (besides the tech and dr.) who knew that our baby was a girl.   We didn't have that moment when we found out I was pregnant.  In fact, Josh's sister knew before he did.  So it was special for us to just have that knowledge and hold on to it for a bit.

What I learned: It's a girl

Biggest Accomplishment: Suprised the heck out of the kids yesterday morning when they opened a baby girl outfit as their last Christmas present.  Kymberly jumped and screamed when it dawned on her that opening a baby girl outfit meant she was getting a baby sister.  It was awesome.  When I have the chance, I'll upload the video.  It was so funny.

Weekend Plans: Josh's mom is coming and we'll be hanging with her; our neice is visiting for the week, being dropped off tomorrow.

Fun Photo:

This is the best picture I could scan in from the four of the ultrasound.  I wish it were better, but the original isn't that great quality.  But you can see the spine, the heart, the nose and mouth.

No comments: