Thursday, March 24, 2011

One week in daycare

photo has no connection to post content; I just thought it was cute

So today makes it a week since Audrey and Annie have been with the new daycare.

Annie, of course, didn't need an adjustment period. She was just fine. Took a bottle great for Gayl and Gayl's had no issues with her.

Our week went something like this:

Monday - excited to play at Gayl's house. Drop off was easy. When we picked her up she was happy to see us, but not running to meet us at the door. Ate great, no potty accidents.

Tuesday - Dropped them off and Audrey wouldn't walk up to the front door. I had to carry her inside. She started freaking out when we left and Gayl had to hold her back. I forgot the extra breast milk, so I had to take some after I pumped. Picked the girls up on their way home from the park. Both were very happy to see us, but not running to get in the car. Annie didn't need the extra milk afterall. Go figure. No potty accidents.

Wednesday - Audrey was carried into the house again, but didn't cry nearly as much when we started to leave. We picked them up and again she was happy to see us, but not running to greet us. No potty accidents, but she did poop in her trainer. I forgot an extra trainer, so she was put in a pull-up. I should tell Gayl to just use a diaper if that happens since the diapers fit both girls. Anyway ....

Thursday - only day this week she woke with a dry diaper. I suspect that she's drinking more water at daycare and therefore is peeing more. She walked to the front door and didn't cry at all when we left. I remembered extra trainers in the diaper bag today.

Audrey's bed time has been pushed up by 30 minutes since we are getting up earlier. She's not sleeping in the car, which is surprising to me.

Audrey is napping great - 2 hour naps in the afternoon. And she gives Gayl her binky when she gets there. Which is AWESOME. Gonna work with Gayl on taking it away during naptime and then we'll take it away for car rides and then bed time.

We've heard from both Gayl and her husband Mike that both girls are a joy and a pleasure and a real treat to have over.

We've been told that Audrey eats great - more than the 3 y/o.

I'm loving that she provides all the food for Audrey (and eventually Annie). One less thing to think about. She is playing with great kids. The oldest one reads to all the younger kids. And they all play well together. My girls are the youngest. Audrey will probably learn some more advanced skills from them a little sooner. I'm really hoping this will instill a good sense of sharing and playing nice together; up until now, Audrey hasn't had to share much or play nice with other kids her age. She's been the doll and been able to do whatever she wanted with whatever toys she could find.

As much as I hate leaving them and desperately miss them during the day and wish I could stay home, I think we found a great place for them to be. 

No comments: