Monday, February 25, 2013

40 verses Update

We are ten days into Lent, so I thought I'd post a quick update.

I am not posting an update in hopes of getting a pat on the back.  I am looking for accountability, and posting this will give me that accountability.  More likely to stick to a goal if it's out in the world and people know about it.

My verses for the first 10 days of Lent and why I chose them.

Psalm 62:1: a good reminder I don't need to stress when I have God.  My soul finds rest in Him.
Psalm 66:1-2: it's always good to sing and shout for joy
Titus 2:11-12: God's Grace teaches us and helps us live godly lives.  It's not my doing, but His.
Galatians 3:14: I get the same blessing as promised to Abraham, which includes the Spirit. 
Psalm 139:1*
Psalm 139:2*
Psalm 139:3*
2 John 1:6, 9: It's all about LOVE.  And vs. 9 is a prayer for my kids.  That I would raise them so they continue in the teaching of Christ.
Psalm 139:4*
Galatians 2:20-21: Grace.  It's all about Grace.  It's not about how good I be, but about God's gift of grace.  Otherwise Christ died in vain.

*When I was in college I memorized Psalm 139.  It became my life "verse."  It has so much meat to it and it's a great passage when feeling alone in a desert place or like I've fallen too far from God.  Over the years I've forgotten it.  I knew the gist of it and that's really what's important.  But I liked being able to recite the whole thing.  So I'm re-memorizing it during this Lent season.


No comments: