Sunday, March 3, 2013

Muir Beach

Due to Josh's band schedule, I get a lot of time with the girls just the 3 of us.  I take advantage of this time to get out of the house and go do something.  Usually I stay local and go to parks or local entertainment places.  But this weekend I wanted to do something different.  Right after Josh left for his gig, I packed the girls in the car and we went for a drive to the beach.  I chose one of the few beaches that I know without having to go through the city or have to consult a GPS.  And one that wouldn't be super busy.

I grossly underestimated how long it would take to get there.  I thought it would be just about an hour.  Turns out it was an hour and a half and we weren't even to the beach I wanted to go to.  But we were at A beach, so that's OK.  It was already getting late and I wanted them to play some before it got too cold.

Mom fail - I didn't bring a change of clothes.  Or walking shoes.  Or jackets.  I did bring snacks, but left them in the car.  I did bring a change of diapers.  but also left those in the car.  and no sand toys.  And it was too cold to play in the water.  But nothing stops a 2 and 3 year old from playing in the sand and being goofy.  We went for a hike up the hill, but wearing only flip flops they struggled.  It was steep.  I got some exercise picking Annie up, putting her down, picking her up, putting her down.  And going up the hill carrying her on my shoulders ("Uppy head," she says).

It was a great change of scenery and fresh air.  I was hoping to get some photos of the sunset, but it was overcast and hazy and there wasn't going to be one.  And it was cold, so we left earlier.  The girls were covered in sand.  So they took off their pants and shoes and we used baby wipes to clean feet and hands.  And because it was nearly bedtime and traffic was really bad leaving the beach, we had to get dinner at Burger King.  

We had a good time.

The girls were agreeable enough to pose for some photos for me in front of the water.  That was nice.  And they were cooperative and did what I asked, too.



_DSC1866.jpg
Audrey's rock collection - it stretched 2 full logs
_DSC1870.jpg
Placing her flag
_DSC1871.jpg
Surf's Up
_DSC1893.jpg
Surf's Up
_DSC1905.jpg
Sisters
_DSC1945.jpg
Smile .... 
_DSC1955.jpg
Smile!!!  :D

2013-03-01
Collage of all their shots



2 comments:

sheren.sh said...

Very nice
http://visitors2cash.com/ref.php?refId=66580

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

They are such cuties....WTG for persevering and getting there. A 1.5 hour roadtrip with one parent is tough work, but totally looks like it was worth it.