Friday, September 26, 2008

Just in case you're the odd man out who hasn't yet seen this...

That's my baby there. Yep. I'm pregnant. That was taken at 6 weeks. It's 3.2 mm. And too small to accurately determine a due date. Preliminary due date is May 17th, but subject to change. And like all babies, she will be born when she is ready, so I'm trying not to pay attention to due date hype.

I find it interesting that people keep asking me if I'm throwing up yet. And it's not just that they're asking, but that they're making up cute words for it. Sickies? Barfies? Like taking a gross topic and turning it into a cute name is supposed to make it any cuter??? Nope. Sorry. Still not cute.

And the answer is no. Not barfies, sickies, pukies, etc. Tummy a little weird this week, but I've kept all my food down. And with how much I just despise throwing up (haven't been actually sick and vomiting since middle school), I really hope my pregnancy is vomit-free.

I remember one time that I was sick and stayed home. Roberta (my older, wiser sister) went to school and told her friends that her baby sister was sick. They asked what was wrong and she said, "She puked and puked and puked all night long." But she also came home at lunchtime to check on me and make sure I was doing OK.

So there you have it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Di said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I never did vomit with any of my 3 just constant nausea.

I am soooo excited for you!!!