Saturday, September 20, 2008

tutoring...

So I've kept it pretty quiet, but I'm looking for a part-time job. Just something to make a little extra money to help pay off some debt (wedding expenses and moving expenses).

I've put in several apps at restaurants and retail to no avail. I've looked on craigslist and haven't found anything that's a good fit for me. I emailed the band director at the local high school, never heard back.  I applied for a few tutoring positions.  One place turned me down within 20 min of receiving my resume/online app.  Wouldn't you know this place is STILL looking for math and science tutors - and no, I can't apply again, I tried.

Well, yesterday I started the hunt again.  Found a few that would be managable.  One had an online app process, so I filled it out.  It's a tutoring position.  I got an email that said they would be interested in speaking with me further due to my degree in the sciences.  YAY!!!!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  But it would be perfect.  A few hours in the evening helping with math and science.  I can still have a family life, I can still have my weekends, and it won't interfere at all with my full-time job.