Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Mom,

You've been my mother for 29 years. I've learned so much from you. I
learned many practical things such as how to tie my shoes, how to comb
my hair when it's full of knots, how to apply make-up, etc.

I have many fond memories of our times together growing up. Our many
shopping trips, our breakfasts after a morning appointment, getting
silly prizes at the grocery store just because I was sick, and my
fondest is our summer when I worked at CDOT with you. I feel like our
relationship really blossomed that summer. That may be what brought
me out of my teenage attitude and really started to see you as a
person.

I was thinking yesterday about all the many Subway sandwiches you
brought me during marching band and how few times I thanked you. I
didn't realize how unappreciative I was at the time.

Thank you for the sandwiches for 4 years of marching band. Thank you
for the moral support during my activities, thank you for the fun we
had when we hung out. Thank you for being you.

Thank you for praying for me. I know you never stopped doing that.
Thank you for letting me make my own mistakes.

Most of all...thank you for showing me the love of God. You showed me
how to have a relationship with Him. You taught me about His
salvation. That is the best thing you've done for me because it meant
my eternity.

As I begin to embark on my own journey of motherhood, I hope/pray that
am to my daughter what you are to me.

I think Gramma Molly started a great tradition of mothering and you
were successful in passing it on. I hope I am as well.

I love you mom.

Happy Mother's Day
Chrisi - cause its easier to type........................


No comments: