Friday, May 8, 2009

quick hello and ramblings


Just a quick post to say, "Hello ... I have not forgotten about you."

Simple request: if you read my blog, please click on the "follow" button on the right-hand side. This does require a Google profile, but those are quick and easy to sign-up if you don't have one already.

Also ... I have recently finished a few books and want to post some reviews, but need time to gather my thoughts and put them together into a review. I hope to do this shortly. But as a teaser, the books I've recently read are

The Birth Partner - by Penny Simkin
Don't Let Go - by David Pierce
Foreign Body - by Robin Cook

I recently started The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - by C.S. Lewis

Not so recently read, but I think not reviewed or commented upon was Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and What to Expect when You're Expecting.

Not sure how much I'll review on the pregnancy books ... but I DID read them. So I should mention them. I am still reading, even if not at the same rate as previously.

On my "would like to read someday" list, but haven't yet obtained this book, is Last Child - by Michael Spooner (my uncle).

I have only one week left of work until I'm on leave. It feels like the week before summer break. This last week is going to be grueling. I was doing better before I knew when I was going to be done. Now that I know I have a date to finish, I wish it were here already. I spent today getting some things finished so that I can be gone for 3 months.

Weekend plans include another Band Review competition for Kymberly, church on Sunday, and then veg Sunday afternoon. Sunday evening the kids are going to dinner with their mom, so it'll just be me and Josh for dinner and a movie. Who knows ... maybe I'll have a baby that day.

I'll leave you with a fun photo. Not new this week, but from my baby shower. This is me and my cousin Nancy.


No comments: