- You must be in an office, not out in cubicle land. If you don't have an office and must use speaker phone, go find a conference room. Or look into getting a handsfree headset.
- Close the office door
- If the person you are speaking with is close enough to hear you without the phone, go to his/her office and have an inperson conversation.
- Do not yell. The microphone is plenty sensitive.
- Turn the volume down low enough that the rest of the office cannot hear your conversation.
- If you don't want the whole office to hear you, take it off speaker.
As a reminder ... using speaker phone does NOT make you appear smarter, cooler, or more powerful. Even chimps at the zoo can press a button to activate speaker phone.