Sunday, October 25, 2009

Book Review: Beautiful Lies, by Lisa Unger


I'm reading again. Finally have time and found a book that held my interest.

Beautiful Lies: A Novel Beautiful Lies: A Novel by Lisa Unger


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I love books that keep you guessing. Ridley Jones had a good life. She had good parents, a good job, a dead rich uncle who left her an inheritance..... Then one day she made a series of choices that changed everything and left her wondering about everything she had known to be true.

I was captivated at the first page. I kept trying to figure out if Jake, Ridley's neighbor turned lover, was the good guy or bad guy. I answered the main question of the book pretty quickly, but I think that's the intention of the author. But I was taken back at the end by the final twist.

There are questions left unanswered. Not sure if that means there will be a sequel, or if it just means there are questions unanswered.

I was left with a feeling of privilege for the life and upbringing that I had. I was left with a feeling of safety.

This was a good book, and for more than just the story. The backstory to the story was important and made me appreciate my baby girl and the laws that have come to be for cases of abuse and abandonment, etc.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: