Friday, November 13, 2009

You're only as old as the music makes you feel


I'm such a dork. And a forever kid.

I found my old walkman and one cassette tape of "Psalty the Singing Songbook." I was so excited I plugged it into the speakers and listened to it (with Audrey, of course). I still know ALL the words to the songs and dialog. I grew up on Psalty, much like today's generation has Veggie Tales.

I had 5 Psalty tapes; I'm not sure how many there really were. I learned so many lessons from them. And so many great praise songs. I just LOVED listening to them. OK, I confess, I still do. Now that I have a baby, I have an excuse.

I would love to find all of my Psalty tapes, and my copy of "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" and "Music Machine." I finally figured out a way to make them digital, and I plan on doing that when I find them.

My copy of Bullfrogs and Music Machine was copied from a RECORD. Yes, record. So if I manage to convert that to digital and put it on CD or on my ipod, that will be a 30 y/o album converted from record to tape to digital. Nice.

No comments: