Well, I was successful in not using my phone or the computer this weekend. It wasn't really that hard, I wasn't really going through withdrawal, but I did have those moments when I thought, "Oh this would make a GREAT FB update."
I found myself reading when I had 20 minutes of downtime, instead of playing on my phone or checking forums.
I don't think my time with my family was any more special, simply because I put my phone away during family time anyway.
However, I had so many things to read this morning when I turned my computer on. It will be awhile until I fully catch up.
So yes, I can go a weekend without my phone. I could probably go a week, but would need to check email for bills and such. But I don't want to. I'm not addicted to it, it isn't interfering with my relationships or real life. But I don't want to.
I like the relationships I've forged and rebuilt via the internet. I like the photos I can post online. I like the ease of communication. I like having something to do when I find myself waiting unexpectedly when no one is around. There you have it.
And all the things you missed while I was sans-phone this weekend:
- A super cute photo of Audrey sleeping in the shopping cart
- Knowing that Josh and I went on a lunch-date and had a great time
- A reminder to set your clocks ahead
- An admission that we almost forgot to set OUR clocks ahead
- I didn't have any trouble losing my hour of sleep; if anything it was better because Audrey slept great.
- Knowing that I was waiting for a St. Patrick's Day parade to start
- My step-son drove me around for the first time - and it's fun to be the licensed driver in the car with someone with a permit because you not only are allowed to, but you HAVE to backseat drive.
- hearing that Audrey went potty in her own potty on Sunday morning (Thank you Josh for tweeting that for me.....)
- couldn't post the photos or videos from Open Mic night on Friday night - will have to work on those this week
- An announcement of a great impromptu lunch with some good friends