Monday, January 30, 2012

Annie - almost 14 months

It seems like it's been forever since I've done a progress post on either girl. To be totally cliche, I'm just super busy and don't have time to sit at my computer more than I have to for work.


Let's update on Annie.



  • She's almost 14 months.
  • She's about 20 lbs.
  • She is walking about 95% of the time.
  • She has enough (blonde) hair to see and get messy, but not enough to style.
  • Her eyes are brown.  Real brown.  
  • She says "hi," "please," "thank you," "mama," "dada."
  • In addition to her words, she also signs "more," please," and waves.  I'm working on adding more signs, but that's all that she really needs right now.  
  • For comfort, she likes to grab my hair and pet me.  It can be kinda painful.
  • She has 8 teeth.  She didn't get any teeth until the day before her first birthday, and since that time (less than 2 months), she's cut EIGHT.
  • She plays with Audrey all the time and, in true little sister fashion, is always curious what her big sister is doing and wants to help or join in.  And if she can't then she'll spoil the fun.
  • She plays by herself quite a bit too.  She actually does better with that than Audrey ever has.  It's refreshing, especially since she has been such a fussy baby.



Speaking of playing by herself, I caught her playing with this block-train puzzle.  She saw me with the camera and tried to come see me, but I made her play just a little bit longer for some photos.  


_DSC6427

_DSC6429

_DSC6430

She's my inquisitive one.  People who don't know her always comment on how serious she looks.  Well, she's checking you out.  She's sizing you up.  She's figuring things out.  She gets the low-down on everyone she meets and all her new environments before deciding it's OK to be there or interact with you.  After she does that, she's all smiles.


She's also a problem solver.  She inspects something and gets all the ins-and-outs of it first, before really playing with it. Then she figures out how to open it and how it works.  She takes it apart.  She has engineer written all over her.


It amazes me constantly how different siblings can be from each other.  Annie and Audrey as almost complete opposites.  They were in the womb, as babies, and now as toddlers.

No comments: