Monday, January 30, 2012

Baking...

Audrey has really taken an interest in my baking projects in the kitchen.  I'm not baking nearly as much as I should be, and not doing anything super fancy; actually, what I'm doing is perfect to have Audrey's help.


Last week I did brownies, this weekend I made cheese crackers (think pretend cheeze-its).  I initially started cutting them out as hearts, but that was very daunting, as I figured it would be.  So mostly they were random.  Some hearts, some the outline of a heart, some scrappy, lots of squares.
_DSC6421
She really liked the cutting part of the project


_DSC6420
more cutting and shaping


_DSC6425
hearts - freestyle

The recipe I found is here ... http://www.missanthropistskitchen.com/2011/06/22/homemade-goldfish-crackers-with-a-homemade-goldfish-cookie-cutter/ (I used jack cheese, so mine are white). They were very yummy and got the approval of every family member.


No comments: