Thursday, August 26, 2010

Women as Commodities - The Human Future

I'm a closet bioethicist, in that I am so fascinated with bioethics and want so desperately to help get the word out and educate people and whatnot. I'm not sure if it's the Christian in me, or the biologist, or both, or neither. But ever since I learned of the field of bioethics I've been following it to some extent.

Jennifer Lahl is the founder of the Center for Bioethics and Culture. I had the pleasure of attending church with her several years ago and have since followed her career and organization. This last year they released a documentary called, "Eggsploitation;" a film about the human egg harvesting business. I haven't yet had the opportunity to watch it, but I would love to do so. In the meantime, I'm reading about it a lot.

This is what Chuck Colson has to say about the film.



via the Human Future by The CBC on 8/26/10

By Chuck Colson, Founder, BreakPoint
You've probably seen them—most of us have. Ads soliciting women to donate their eggs for in vitro fertilization are everywhere: in newspapers, on the Internet, on college campus bulletin boards.
Most people don't even think twice about it. An opportunity for young women to earn a little cash and do something nice for an infertile couple, and it's all supervised by doctors. What could be wrong with that?
Plenty, according to a new documentary. Eggsploitation, a film produced by the Center for Bioethics and Culture, tears down the façade to show the dark side of egg donation.
Continue reading at CBC-Network.org
Share and Enjoy: Facebook Twitter Print email LinkedIn Ping.fm Digg del.icio.us Google Bookmarks

No comments: