Monday, September 20, 2010

My Dearest Daughter

P1060372
Dear Audrey,


I'm writing this letter to you today because I need you to know something.


I LOVE you very much.  I love you more than I've ever loved anything in my entire life.  I didn't know it was possible to love anyone or anything as much as I love you.


I love the way you say my name.  I love the way you laugh.  I love the way your hair curls in the back.  I love the hugs that you give.  I love the kisses that you give.  I love your soft voice.  And the way you carry bags around like a purse.  I love your curiosity and always wanting to make things work the same way the big people do.


I am your mom.  God saw fit to give you to me.  I'm so excited for all the things God is going to do in our lives together; the things that you'll teach me, the things that I'll teach you, the things we'll learn together.


I do not have a manual for how to be your mom.  I'm winging it.  Because of that reason, I may screw up.  I may yell at you for something you didn't do.  I may ignore you when you really need to talk to me.  I may give you bad advice.  I may respond poorly to you when I am angry.  I can't watch you every second and you will get boo-boos.  


But please know, that even though I am not perfect, I still love you.  Nothing will change that.  Nothing you can say or do will make me love you any less.  Nothing I will do will be because I don't love you.  I cannot promise that you will never get hurt ... but I promise that I will ALWAYS be here for you.  


I will ALWAYS have a lap for you to sit in and cuddle.  I will ALWAYS have kisses to give you.  And I will ALWAYS pray for you and with you.


Audrey Grace ... you are my beautiful daughter and I thank God that I have you in my life. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey is blessed to have you as her mother. God saw fit to place you in her life as well as you in hers. You are a perfect match. God bless you both. Mom

Blue Aunt Janet said...

Beautiful. That's how I feel about you.

Your mom ;)