Friday, April 17, 2009

dates


I've been told I have a memory for dates and numbers. It never really struck me as anything unique, until time and time again people would wonder how I remember so-and-so's birthday or date that I got my hair cut. I don't know how I do it, but I do. Until recently, I never used a calendar for appointments or anything, because I just remembered. And now I only use it for posterity, I usually don't need the reminder.

At any rate...
I'm going through data in our database today at work and am looking at install dates and inactivation dates and replacement dates of the product in the field. Every so often I get a date and I say, "Oh .. that's B_____'s birthday," or "Oh .. mom and dad's anniversary," or, "oh how fun ... that was the day that we had the company picnic."

It takes a mundane, tedious and rather painful task and gives me a fun jog down memory lane when I encounter a familiar date.

So this ability of mine to remember dates has proven useful, yet again.

No comments: