Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Memorization Monday

This week's memory verse is from my daily reading.  I'm reading through the bible in one year with a reading plan passed out by my pastor.  I've attempted to read through the bible in one year many times, and this is the longest that I've been able to stick with it.  I'm currently in Deuteronomy.




Deuteronomy 8:18
But you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
While this passage is specifically talking to the Israelites, who had a tendency to forget God and often walk away, it's a great reminder to us today that God brought us where we are and God has given us everything we have.  Don't forget who He is just because I'm content and life is going good.  And I want to add, nor should we blame Him when life gets a little rough.


While I'm on the topic of my daily reading, I'm also reading Psalms.  I just read Psalm 99 today.  For the last week or so, every couple Psalms starts off with "The Lord Reigns."  Then talks about why and how He reigns.  What a great way to start off my day.  The Lord Reigns!!  Worship Him.  Praise Him.  Honor Him.  Adore Him.  He is in charge.  He is the creator.  How neat.


One of my favorite songs that we sing in church is titled, "The Lord Reigns,"  by Gateway Music. I get it in my head every time I read one of these Psalms.  




The Lord Reigns, let the people shout
He reigns in righteousness
Let the heavens be glad
Let the earth rejoice
The Lord Reigns, let the people clap their hands
Angels shout, "the redeemed have come to dance."
To celebrate, to celebrate
He reigns

Link to Files and Cord Charts

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awesome verse! I still need to get back into it. I've been slacking!!