Friday, May 14, 2010

Weekly Happenings - 5/14/10

New/Noteworthy:
On Wednesday my Mother's Day present arrived ... a BabyHawk Mei Tai baby carrier.  I'm so excited.  I got it about 50% off retail from ebay.  It's used, but looks brand new. 


If you hadn't heard already, our master bathroom remodel is complete.  We have two brand new usuable, non-leaking, non-moldy, non-stainless steel, non-stained bathrooms!!!!!  Beautiful tile floors.  Gorgeous showers.  New sinks.  New medicine cabinets.  It's so nice to not be grossed out while trying to get clean in the morning.


Interesting Activity:
I had an itch to make a cake with fondant on Saturday, so I ran out to Michael's and got the glycerine for the fondant.  Then sent Josh to Safeway to get me the gelatin that I thought we already had.  I baked the cake and made the fondant.  It turned out OK.  I need some practice, but it's not as hard as I thought it would be.  It uses a lot of powdered sugar, though.  And you need buttercream in addition to the fondant, so that's even more powdered sugar.


Biggest Accomplishment:
Read my bible every morning this week.  Didn't miss a morning.  Since I started reading my bible again, there have been mornings that I've forgotten or not had time, and have had to use Saturdays to play catch up.  Not this week!!  I'm now 15 weeks into reading the bible in 1 year.  This is a plan that Pastor Mike wrote up for the congregation - he hands out cards with our daily reading.  Each card holds 5 weeks of the plan.  We just finished up card #3.


Weekend Plans:
CLEAN!!!!!!  Now that the construction is complete, we need to clean the house.  Get all the dust out of here.  Organize the linen closet.  Clean out the garage again.


Fun Photo:
Our new bathroom (before and after)
Notice the stains in the linoleum?  That's mold growing from underneath

The late Landlord's idea .. Stainless Steel.  It showed all soap scum and hard water stains.  And was impossible to clean.  So GROSS!!!!!

After: Normal shower.  Everything CLEAN

New medicine cabinets

I forgot to get a photo of the floors, but I assure you they are tile and not stained anymore.
All the photos of both bathrooms can be seen on my facebook pageMaster - Hall Bathroom 


Audrey and Mommy in the Mei Tai


I love this photo.  Not bad for a self portrait.  We're looking at each other and smiling.

Photo's not as good, but I wanted to show the front.  

The carrier can also be used on the back, which will be very helpful when my baby belly starts growing.

The cake with fondant that I made.  I was told it was quite scrumptious, but I'm not a big fan of cakes, so it's hard for me to judge.


I need to work on not having so much powdered sugar all over the place.

No comments: